Monday, November 6, 2023

illumination












You steal beside me like an ochre whisper
phantom presence
softly erasing all negative space
blooming into darkness & the quiet burn of a million stars
"Make a strong line, don't sketch it out - be sure when you draw"
       you once told me
Be sure
 . . . drawn then
Held
      with a kiss that carries the weight & spin of this blue rock
exquisite
containing the 1949 worlds fair
the soundtrack to fantasia
& maybe the partridge family
ruby-throated hummingbirds land on my tongue & travel thru my soul
stealing all measure of hurt
weaving a patch of feathers
words & succulence over all wounds
skin is diffused & forgiven---effervescent
inconsequential to the heart of the matter
celebrated by the sureness of snow as it lies on my lips
direct & boldly waiting for the sureness of the melt
boreal & piercing
and sure